Thursday, August 11, 2011

Rancho San Diego - La Vida Real - Senior Living Community

I recently sold a home for a wonderful gentleman by the name of George.  George is in his late 80's and possible 90's.  He came to me when it was time for him to sell the 2500 + square foot family home and move himself and his ailing wife into a senior community.  As you can imagine this was a very difficult and emotional experience for George but he did it!

While I was working with George to sell his Mt Helix home, he and his wife moved to La Vida Real.  This is a senior living community  Rancho San Diego that offers independent living, assisted living, and Alzheimer/Dementia Care.  This move allowed George to share the responsibilty of caring for his wife.  The move to La Vida Real Senior Community also gave George the opportunity to let go of the family home slowing.  At first he would go to Mt Helix every day and wanted to be there for every showing.  Eventually he was able to let go and begin to distance himself from the property.  This gradual seperation was good for George.

When I first met him he was very gruff and one might say unreasonable but as time went by he realized he could trust me and that I had only his best interests in mind.  I did not pressure him or push him to do anything he was uncomfortable with.  I was patient, and in the end I think this made it much easier for him to let go of the family home.

It is easy to forget that real estate is a people business.  George had lived in this home for numerous years, raised his family here, and took pride in this home.  He was definately emotionally tied to it.  I am glad I took the time to be patient and not push him.  In the end I was greatly rewarded with a big hug and tender smile from George.  This is something I will cherish for a long time!

1 comment:

San Diego Senior Communities said...

Hi friends,

The large living room, activities room, courtyards and other common areas provide attractive settings for socializing with family and friends. The Arbors assisted living community in San Diego, CA is dedicated to providing you or your loved one with the best care and accommodations available. Thanks a lot....

AddThis

Bookmark and Share